little pack & progressive pack ?

Posted by: Buddy WAll

little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 06:11 PM

i was wondering if these to formats get along or not get along? i have hounds that can run in both formats and enjoy going to both formats. i have concerns with some of the rules with both but over all i can get by that part. i do know if i walkin a progressive pack trial i'm labeled as a little packer right off the bat. now i only run that format in oklahoma so i don't know how it is in other states. i don't know why there would be a reason that i would be labeled at all. they should be judging the dog in the field not the handler. i also know you can go to a little pack hunt and fill the club house up with progressive pack handlers and know one seems to care. i also know that on any given day either hound could out score the other in either format. Just trying to get thoughts from other trialers. So lets here it.
Posted by: jim tucker

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 07:33 PM

I think that they are two total different style of dogs . A good dog for progressive pack is line control ,gear up and gear down when need be on speed, work close in the check,no sirtin,no pullin,no swingin,no slashin,no super hard going type of dog. Little pack wants hard hittin faster the better type of dog. They let a dog get away with less line control,swingin,sirtin,pullin,gettin out of the check ,slashin. I like good clean smooth runnin with fewer the better breakdowns. They little pack dogs that i have been around over run the track way to much and that makes for a lot of breakdowns . I don't see how the two styles can go together. That is why they two different formats and trials. If they went together good there would be no need for two seperate trial formats,one would work well. Just my way of thinkin.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 08:36 PM

so your telling me just because a dog runs little pack he has all the attributes that you described. i would say that nothing is further from the truth. i do agree there are little pack dogs that run like you describe but not all. alot of little pack trialers have gone to alot tighter line dog that have alot of foot.yes they are fast and may over run but i've seen pp dogs do that. maybe i haven't seen a true pp dog at work. even in the rules it gives the pp dog the chance to go back to point of loss so that tells me that they over run the track. faster dogs do go further when they over run but they get back to point of loss faster as well.
Posted by: Z Tree

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 08:50 PM

It all comes down to the judge. I have seen a judge let a hound run all over the place and swing and skirt and never score a minus. In that case the hound would do good in both formats. If a judge is more conservitive, then the same hound may get picked up. It just depends on how the judge sees it and how he scores it.
The only real diference that I can see is the "minus" in PP that isn't in LP. If judges don't score a minus on a hount commiting a violation, then it might as well be LP.
Posted by: EARL LEASURE

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 09:04 PM

I have ran in LP and PP with the same hound and he can get it done in both. And a lot of the hounds that I have seen that run in LP around me can run in PP.So why is it that PP guys say LP hounds are to loose and can't run a rabbit? And LP guys say PP hounds are to slow?
Posted by: Z Tree

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 09:07 PM

You are right Earl, plenty of dogs can run in both. It just depends on the conditions, the dog and the judge. I remember you telling me about LP guys breading to Meathead when he ran PP. A dog that hunts, hunts.
Posted by: andy_ike

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/18/12 11:46 PM

Z-tree hit the nail on the head. Its all up to the judge!
The judge has to recognize the many minuses in the rule book and put a scratch on the paper. I see judges only scoring "checks", "strikes" and "non-produces". Very few "jumps" anymore. Plus we have a 5 min. "no hunt" rule. We shouldn't have to walk dogs into the briars.

A small number of hounds can run both formats. The rules are in place so that each type has their own. (even LP has minuses)

andy eichelberger
LGBC

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 12:59 AM

I like a conservitive style dog with clean runnin. They let dogs get away with alot in pp at times just like some of the guys say better hope you get a judge that does not like to minus a dog. i have not seen your dog run i said the lp dogs i have seen are to rough on track for me and my likes. I like back in the day style pp dogs more than what goes on today sometimes in pp.lp used to cleaner back then to .dogs in pp were cleaner to back then.i like to stay in the past to much i guess. it all depends on the judge and what a guy like to run .To each there own like i said in the other post just my opion.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 02:22 AM

Tucker, The judge should judge by PP rules if it is a PP hunt.And LP if it is a LP hunt.And not by the style of hound he he runs.Like I said before I run a hound that can be on the edge. But I judge by the PP rule book.And I like to think my hounds are not a style but a rabbit hound. So give them the plus or the minus Pts that they deserve. And I will still go take them hunting and that is what they were breed for.And Tucker I seen one of your hounds and I would say he was more then just a style to.
Posted by: billy

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 11:14 AM

I have little pack dogs, my largest one is around 13". The rest are well under lol.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 02:16 PM

Earl i would have to totally agree with you on the judging style. i've been picked up before ten minutes into the hunt and when i ask why i usually get some lame excuse but since i run little pack its always skirting. if a hound is in the lead running a rabbit and gets picked up for skirting whats he skirting? if he's going around briar patches and not thru them i could understand, other wise its getting the dog out cause what is it they say he's running to much rabbit??????? there's a gap in the rules that lets the judge bring back the hound he likes.
Posted by: Josh Jones

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 03:58 PM

Ok I know you guys have rule books, but here are the minuses in PP. If a dog can run without getting into trouble with the minuses then run away. Honestly most hounds probably are guilty of quite a few of these over the course of an hour of running. Just have to have a little judgement. Really most of the minuses come from work in the check area. I have never read the LP rules, but I'm guessing they are a little less strict in the Check.

F. Scoring of Minus Points

If a hound opens and barks 3 times and no rabbit is produced within 4 minutes, the hound that opened first shall receive minus 10 points. If another hound jumps the rabbit or produces a rabbit within 4 minutes no minus points are given.

A. If a hound is not trailing, but is just barking and barks three or more times during a short time span, that hound shall receive minus 10 points for "pop-off" barking. He shall not be placed on the clock, or awarded a strike, unless he is working a track.

Any hound caught backtracking on a trail 50 feet or more shall receive 10 minus points. Definition of backtracking is when a hound is clearly running and barking in the opposite direction on a line that has already been run by a hound or hounds. Barking while returning to the point of loss is NOT backtracking.

Once the race has started it is expected that all hounds in the cast shall pursue the rabbit along its established line of flight. Any hound that leaves this line after it has been established shall receive minus 10 points. This also applies to the hound that leaves the line and attempts to get ahead of the pack or any hound that "skirts" difficult terrain. Note: if the hound passes other hounds, but is running the line, this hound is not minused 10 points. Note: At the beginning of the race quite often the hounds are scattered looking for game so the judge may, at the beginning of the race, request that handlers get their hounds in the race. There is no penalty for this. Note: Splits on a separate rabbit shall not be considered as leaving the pack. Note: A woven wire, hog wire, or similar type fence is not considered as difficult terrain.

All hounds must pack and stay in a pack "mode" until a check is made. Any hound that is disruptive in the check area and interferes with other hounds that are working the check area shall receive minus 10 points. Note: This rule is meant to apply to the hound that just runs around and barks within the check area, but makes no attempt to work the check.

Any hound that leaves the check area and is observed barking and pulling the other pack members away from the established check area shall receive minus 10 points.

Any hound that runs through the established check area, continually barking and leading the other hounds through the check area shall receive minus 10 points. Note: It is the intent of this rule to penalize the hound that continually overruns the check area and continues to bark. It is not the intent of the rule to penalize the hound that runs through the check area for a short distance, immediately stops barking when he realizes there is no scent, and returns to the check area to attempt to work out the check. It is also the intention of this rule to penalize the hounds that do not return to the point of loss on checks.

A hound that enters the check area, but makes no attempt to work the track shall receive minus 10 points. Note: It is the intent of this rule to penalize the hound that continually "feeds" off the work of the other hounds in the cast.

Any hound that enters the check area and leaves making no attempt to work out the check shall receive minus 10 points. Note: This is to penalize the hound that does not return to the check area and work on solving the check.

Any hound that slips out of the check area on the track refusing to bark until at least 50 feet from the other hounds will be minused 10 points. This is known as stealing the track or slipping the rabbit.

Any hound that does not run up with the pack will receive minus 10 points for barking and pulling any of the other hounds out of the check area.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 04:44 PM

Josh, You are right about the check.But we have to realize that are hounds are not the same hounds PP started with. And I have never judge a cast that I could not pick them all up.So as judges we need to have that thing that a lot of people don't have "hound sense".

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 04:47 PM

I know. That was the "little judgement" part. I do still think some people let hounds get away with too much in PP.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 07:46 PM

thats what i am saying about what style of dog a guy likes when he is the judge. the guy that likes a rougher dog lets that style of dog do better on the paper.seems to me we see more and more harder going dogs and as long as judges let them stay on the ground and sometimes win they will keep coming to pp trials with harder going rougher dogs.
Posted by: Chuck Terry

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 09:38 PM

Without the minuses PP becoming LP with higher scores since the checks are shorter. If the judge does not know "harkening" from "skirting" and "winding" from "swinging". PP can become GDP. Judge by the rules in ALL formats and let that control what places and,eventually, the predominant type of hound entered. Just my opinion!

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/19/12 10:57 PM

for those of us that are little packers but like running in the occasional pp hunt i personally would like for the pp judges to judge my dog not his blood line or his owner. i don't mind putting my hound in the truck if he's running rough thats what the rules are for. just don't like being sent to the truck cause i run another format or my dog is breed from little pack hounds. i'm sure alot of hounds come from both formats. i invite pp trialers to come to a lp hunt, from what i saw at the south regional they would do pretty good.
Posted by: billy

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: billy
I have little pack dogs, my largest one is around 13". The rest are well under lol.

aw come on, no one laughed?

Sometimes its better to enjoy the trials and not take them too serious. Remember everyone has an opinion on how the judges should judge, not many actually judge. So unless you are willing to judge you should be thankful for the one who was.
Posted by: Willow Creek Kennel

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 03:12 AM

Why would anybody who runs Lp want to run PP ?????

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 03:34 AM

Ok why would I not want to run PP,LP,or any other format that my hounds can compete in?

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 05:31 PM

i think its a merit to a hound that can run in both and i'm starting to find out the mix could just be a state problem. in missouri they seem to get by with it fairly good. if you don't run in them how you going to know if your dog can cut it in different formats. akc would be another i'd like to venture into if any where close enough. i have ran in one and wasn't sure what the judge was actually looking for but i would try it again.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 05:31 PM

why isn't there akc trials in oklahoma?

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 05:46 PM

Buddy there is an AKC trial at the J Perry Mickles Special use area near Booneville AR this weekend. Same place we run our PP trials. Call me if you need directions.
Josh 479-206-2198
Posted by: Dennis McCaig

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 07:13 PM

Hey Josh which format should I run Bull in???????

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 07:30 PM

josh is it mid-west or spo?

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 08:31 PM

spo I think

Dennis..... He is fast. your call on that one.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/20/12 10:35 PM

you had him longer than i have

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 12:44 AM

I don't know how it could be a state problem in Okl. because I just seen some hunt results at the Ringold club in Okl. and 4 of the top 5 opens are Lp bred (BRANKO).

Most every Lp guy Ive seen trying to run PP uses the same excuse as you have.

Lp they are looking for a dog who can get it done no matter how they do it. (Acomplishment over style).

In PP we want a dog who can get it done, but we also want some STYLE.

I don't go to Gun Dog Pack or Gun Dog Brace and wonder why I got picked up or blame it on them knowing I run PP. I know why they would pick me up my dogs don't fit that format so I stay at home. Try what ever format you want ,but if you get picked up don't play the blame game.

Make no mistake when I put a dog down in PP he will be on the edge, But you can also take it to the bank I will have run his a@@ off and I know them inside out!!

Here's a little hint SOLO,SOLO,SOLO,SOLO ;\)

If you can't do that save your money.

Buddy, Im not trying to be rude I 've just heard the same thing for years.

The reason alot more people don't run PP is because they just can't handle getting picked up, Youve got to have thick skin , I know its made me mad SEVERAL times!!!

But at the end of the day I belive this format promotes the best rabbit dog of any format Ive been to.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Willow Creek Kennel
The reason alot more people don't run PP is because they just can't handle getting picked up, Youve got to have thick skin , I know its made me mad SEVERAL times!!!

Shannon couldn't have put it any better.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 01:24 AM

how did you get so smart being from ky shannon? that hit the nail dead center drive it in the wood very well said!!!
Posted by: Dizzy D

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 02:45 AM

so what ur saying is if they r branko bred then they should b put in LP trial right? well iv seen some branko dogs that r alot slower and cleaner than others and thats the same with most of ur bloodlines. there r always goin to b a debate rather or not LP can run with PP until the judges get together and go by the rules than it will always b the same. but ur right its not a state thing its a judge thing. some judges just judge harder than others. i am a judge and u can ask anyone from oklahoma i will pick ur dog up if he dont follow the rules and i dont care who u r or how ur dog is doin on the national level either. iv been trying to get other judges in oklahoma to do the same. judge the dog by his performance that hour not by his past trials or by their owners. i had one say well if we dont hav a lil looser dog then we will never win big hunt because people else where run a dog that i call little progressive not LP or PP a combo of both. but like i said it will always b a big debate.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 03:50 AM

I could be wrong but I think BRANKO is big in LP.Just like Tadpole is big in PP.So when you think BRANKO you say LP and Tadpole you say PP.But sometimes you get a hound that runs a little different then the way it is bred.It could be the way he was ran or it could be just the hound.My meathead hound has a hound in his pedigree named BRANKO'S BIG SAM.And Meat is a pp.gr.ch.By the way his name is WILLOW CREEK MEATHEAD.So I don't think Shannon was saying that just because it's a BRANKO hound that it should stay in LP. I could be wrong.If they can do it in PP and LP then just let the hound run and prove it.And if you abbreviate little pack you get LP.And progressive pack you get PP.Now little progressive you still get LP.Just having fun with that one guys.
Posted by: dixie kennels

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 12:36 PM

Earl you are allways wrong.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/21/12 03:39 PM

Never said anything about Branko just the breeding is mostly used in Lp.

In my opinion Branko breeding will give you more Lp style dogs than PP style.

Not my bloodline of choice,but run and breed what you want at the end of the day your the one feeding them.

But when you get picked up at a PP hunt don't come on here and say you were picked up for having Lp breeding or because you run Lp.

The hardest part for most people is admitting there dog isn't the best and it does have faults that can get you picked up in PP.
Posted by: wrightcity

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 01:07 AM

When you enter a dog in a progressive pack hunt or a little pack hunt. the end result is that you bring the best dog of the cast back, no matter who own's the dog or what breed that the dog is. If the dog can perform with in the rule that the format calls for.

But I think that Buddy was getting at is that when person comes to a hunt that he is already judge because he run's a different style of dog. this is wrong. End the end we are there to run a dog to see if our dog can run that format be it little pack or progressive pack.

I also have a branko bred dog that is a good progressive pack dog that has made rabbit champion.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 03:00 PM

Mr. Howard, I'm wasn't using any excuses. i have a couple of hounds that run clean and aren't any particular breading just grade hounds that are rabbit dogs.Watching dogs at the south regional, style? I guess i'm not sure what style was on the menu for the day. I felt that us little packers had brought our progressive pack style hounds, if you will, to a little pack hunt. at the end of the day I felt the judges had brought back a true pp hound and the win was well deserved. that was one of the most impressive things i've seen at a pp hunt. the after math of complaining that a little packer and little pack dog had won wasn't quiet as impressive. if a man goes to a pp hunt or any other format and gets picked up because of it, i believe the judge should lose his license and the club there charter if they don't do something about it. we are all looking for the same style of hound us little packers just choose to do from the fast end first.

wright city you are totally right on.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 03:21 PM

Buddy we have a PP trial at the Booneville Club this Sat. Maybe you can make it.
Posted by: james mcdaniel

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 04:02 PM

Ok guys im gunna give you a opinion. Lp runs accomplishement over style pp runs style over accomplishment. Don't know if that helps. Oh yeah I do believe. In minuses, but pp judges aren't looking at the positives enough. I give u one example. Watched a pack one time that was running the hair off a rabbit. The judge picks a hound up for getting to wide and skirting. Well needless to say the race stopped completely.then when score card came around the dog that got picked up had ten checks more than the winning hound. My thoughts here are would have the race stopped if he had left that hound down no probably not. It happened to be a lp hound that was picked up. It was one of those days it took that getting out to get it done. Im just saying be patient and observed carefully. Don't be so quick to draw your guns.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 05:32 PM

hey josh thanks for the invite, but we have a lp hunt at sooner state this weekend. some other time for sure.

mr. mcdaniel i would agree about the minuses and i also think that we (little packers) have a bit stronger running hound even close and clean brings out the rough in some of the pp hounds. trying to stay up. i've been told more than once you have to have a dog on the bubble if you want to win in pp so when we bring our dogs it roughens the others up some. thats when we usually get picked up for running to much rabbit. i haven't seen that in the rule book
Posted by: Lance

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 07:05 PM

-getting too wide too fast in check

-slashing back and forth in check just looking to grab it and go

-charging the front

From what i've seen these are three traits commonly possessed by dogs that are frequently run in LP, mid west, UKC hound an hunter. I don't care how your dog is bred he will get minused real fast for this under my judgement

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 07:40 PM

It is important to remember that the rules of PP are there to promote a certain type of dog. One that stays close in the check and focuses on line control. LP promotes another type of dog. I know some dogs can do both, but less than most think.

That is the reason for two formats.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 07:57 PM

So many bealers are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Just don't fit in.

I've been picked up. No big deal, just part of it. Come on..........join in and have a good time.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 09:58 PM

Come on Josh you are just like me you know you get mad when you get picked up but you are not mad at the judge it is the hound you are mad at and just like me after the hunt all is forgotten, I bet I have been picked up alot more than you have I just run what I feed good or bad win some lose some it all cost the same. LOL

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 10:20 PM

josh i have judged pp at a fun hunt and never opted to take the test i have judged little pack and taken the test. to me as a little pack judge and master of hounds we go with the hounds and score the plus points unless we have to minuse in pp it looks like its the other way around. just a small observation cause i don't go but to say one or two a year. i have never failed to enjoy myself when i've been to one. remember the biggest majority of pp hunters use to be lp hunters so i do know alot of the guys that hunt it so i do enjoy the hunts. that is what its all about. i could careless if i win would just like to compete as a beagler not necessary as a little packer or a pp hunter. i don't mind getting picked up as long as its for the right reason.
Posted by: BILLINGS BROS.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/23/12 11:04 PM

Not being consistent on judging and picking up dogs for no reason is why PP attendance in down. I have seen judges change there opinions week to week depending on who were or were not at the hunt. I think dogs can run both pp and lp, it just depends on the dog and how you run them. Judging dogs that are not leading the pack is one of the big problems. How do you know the dog out front is messing up if you are not judging him and if he is so bad why is he not in the truck. If the dog out front is not messing up then the rest of the pack is running a covered track. The judges always say the dog out front is running to fast to judge. Then how do you keep up with lp dogs?
Posted by: james mcdaniel

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 01:16 AM

Guys its for everyone. No matter style you run.it is like fellowship and ievery hound has there day.but as a judge don't go out looking to pick a hound up.go out and get your best one of the day. It might take getting out a little or who is it to say it might take one who stays close, but all in all take your time and let the pack adapt it takes a few sometimes.im a pp judge and yes I will pick them. Up, but only for disrupted issues. My goal is to make the whole pack better not worse. If I try to get ride of them off the bat im willing to bet that the race isn't going to get better unless im just plane lucky.judging isn't luck. Its being consistent. And making the right decisions at all possible. To be fair.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 01:21 AM

I would rather judge a cast of Lp dogs than PP dogs.

You don't have to be on top of the dogs in LP just be there for the break downs that are 15 seconds or longer.

In PP dogs don't have to be broke down They can turn the line and recive a check so you have to be on top of them.

I think that is one of the biggest problems in PP judges are only lookin at that dog in the front. And not score'n the dog who is settin 2nd or 3rd in the pack and turnin the line!!

If you got a dog who runs the front and can handle it thats great I love to see a dog dominate a pack, but if you got a dog just runnin to be in the front and the others are turnin him from the back its time to get that dog in front off the ground.
Posted by: BILLINGS BROS.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 03:52 AM

I agree with you. The problem we always had is not being consistent. We always had at least one of each we took to trials. One that was edgey, but could do his thing on a good running day and one that was more of a pack style check hound. We would nearly always end up with a judge that judged the opposite of the dog or had a different agenda before the dogs were put down. There needs to be honesty, consistancy and following the rules. SIMPLE!!

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 02:07 PM

well we have guys from ar,ky, and west tn that seem to be on the same page and i would totally agree with you guys. i wished there were some okies in here that was agreeing with you other than myself. will see but i would bet nothing will change.i'll let you know the next time i go to a pp hunt.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 02:47 PM

I've had a dog that could win in LP, PP, GD or any other format. I know they are out there.

I'm going to keep feeding the dog that will work a check inside out, run a clean line, and hunt it's tail off. I may never win another trial, but I'll be happy with my dogs. I guess that is what it's about.
Posted by: toby dooly

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 04:56 PM

Well guys I have been reading all these posts I agree with some and not the others. I am a pp judge and run the NLBC (north LA beagle club) and invite anyone from any format or anyone with a beagle under 15in that would like to register there hound in the NKC BUT UNDERSTAND THIS IS A PP CLUB AND WILL BE JUDGED AS A PP HUNT. I beleave PP has the best format not saying every dog nor persons are but the rules are the best to me thats why I RUN PP. IF you don't feel that way find another format but please don't run ours down. I was at a GD trial not long ago and yes do plan on going back but caught myself saying I like pp rules better while I was there and stopped myself because I was at GD not PP. If everyone what ever format would be honest treat people right judge hounds not what format they came from or bloodlines they are Man wouldn't Beagling be fun. Thanks Toby

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 07:28 PM

Toby so well said. Thanks for the comment. Sometimes I wish I could put my thoughts into words so well.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 08:22 PM

i do enjoy different formats but i would have to say i like to see them fly. one of the difference's between pp and lp as i've told folks in the past if you like the way the dogs sound when they jump a rabbit you'll like little pack cuz our dogs sound like that all the time. keep'em running and judge the hound he's the reason were there.

Buddy Wall

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 08:28 PM

Josh it took me a minute to word it that way. Missed u and Jeff at the last hunt.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 08:30 PM

Don't guess I can talk you into coming up Sat?

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 08:40 PM

Well Buddy sounds like you do like to here a good race,but don't we all. Myself love to hear a constint race tight on the line speed is not a big thing to me. I like a medium to upper medium speed dog that has gears depending on the conditions I have always said let a dog run as fast as his nose will let him as long as it is done clean. Toby

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 08:44 PM

Josh going on a three day put hair in their mouth hunt on the Miss. River had't got to do much gunnin yet so taking advantage of this but do plan on coming to some of yalls hunts.

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 01/24/12 08:51 PM

yeah toby i enjoy pulling down that tail gate turning the hounds loose setting on the tail gate lighting a cigar and enjoying the music. by the way lp dogs don't lose the rabbit as much as you think.
Posted by: Owl Creek

Re: little pack & progressive pack ? - 02/12/12 02:42 AM

I go to some Lp hunts because that's all i have thats with in a 2 hour drive.
i dont do to well with my dogs there. but we do have good fellowship with other beaglers.
But this coming year we plan on doing more PP hunts. at Dyersburg TN and down by Gosnell AR.