New hound of the yr runoff system

Posted by: jeremy0810

New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/13/12 02:56 PM

To whom it may concern,
I have been looking at the hound of the year. And would love to run for it. But it seems to me that the person wanting to spend the most money will win. As I watch all the clubs popping up thru out the South east. It seems to me it is in an effort to keep from traveling so much for hound of the year. As a result, there is a hunt every weekend somewhere close . You would think that would be good for the sport. But frankly no one is coming except points pushers because if they donít make it this week there will be another one next week. Frankly with this economy the way it is I would like to propose a new system that would allow more dogs participate in the hound of the yr. and maybe bring more dogs to the hunts.

Have the dogs in one state compete for the top 2 stops. And have a regional run off and the top 2 dogs go on to the U.S. to compete against other regions. For example

Only Ga dogs can score at Ga hunts for Hound of the yr. If an out of state dog runs in a hunt only Hall of fame points and reproducer ECT. apply but the hound receives no points for hound of the yr. at the end of the yr. the top 10 dogs in each state have a runoff and the top 2 dogs from the state run off compete in a regional run off with the surrounding states. The top 2 dogs from that run off can compete at the U.S. for hound of the yr.

I have spoke to many people across the country and everyone like this idea.
Posted by: Josh Jones

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/13/12 07:23 PM

There is a regional hound of the year now. Points only count in that region.

If you want to compete for national HOY you will need to do some travel.

The regional HOY get to go to the runoff at the US.

I agree with you that the HOY is whomever has the time and money, but it takes an incredible amount of dedication and desire to do this. Honestly it is very hard on the hounds. There have been many, many that struggle with health after hours and hours of travel to trials every weekend.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/13/12 07:44 PM

it would be a little different. the top 10 dogs in each state have a runnoff. to go to there regional runoff to get to the U.S. kEEPS THE PLAYING FIELD LEVEL. So a quility hound owned by a man that cann't travel much has a chance to compete. whithout it costing a fortune.
Posted by: kevin07

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 12:54 AM

that is how ukc does it.
Posted by: scott legue

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 12:57 AM

I was in the top ten over all for the run off but I will fall out of it I think because I am work 7 days a week thats the way It goes I have had people offer to haul my dog to trials for me to keep her in it but I dont care I do have a good dog but it is what it is you have to have the time to do it. I would like to thank all that offered to haul sponge for me but it really dont mean that much to me she has already done alot in the arha.
Posted by: porkchop

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 01:36 AM

Sounds good to me.I have a good hound but cant afford to go to all the trials it would take to get her the points

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 11:16 AM

well if we change alot more people can have a chance. And should bring alot more dogs per hunt.

And my dog was in it last yr. I pushed and pushed. I keep her in and she died 3 weeks before the U.S. so hit is hard on dogs to run that hard and travel. If the system changes the top 10 dogs in our state run against each other to move forward. so you dont have to travel only in your state and compete agains your states dogs.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 04:38 PM

Bryan.. You have enough hunts within 3 hours of you that you could easily make the runoff, and possibly HOY. The only issue you might run into, is that you must be able to go to a couple other State Championships, and EMC, and US, Regionals and such.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 04:40 PM

Making the run off, and winning it is more of a test of a hound than the HOY points. If someone went to all the local hunts they could get enough to make the runoff.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/14/12 08:54 PM

IM going to try to make the US dont think i will make the EMC.
Posted by: B Toney

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 01:53 AM

LIKE this idea alot each state would be sending 2 of their best dogs not just a pretty good dog someone wore out a truck spent thousands and hit every field trial there was. Why not level the playing field so not just a handful can do it make it where anyone can and Im sure you would see a better dog and more people showing up at trials.
Posted by: EARL LEASURE

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 03:47 AM

I really don't think it would be a good thing for the sport.I think it would make the judging alot more crooked then it already is.If you have a good hound and go to the big hunts and do good.And hit some club hunts you could make it to the runoff.There is no reason to hate on the ones that will dedicate a year to there hounds.But that is my opinion.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 12:28 PM

Not trying to offend anyone there are some great dogs runnin for hound of the year,but the way the system is now you have to travel alot to stay on top.I figure this will cut down on the crooked stuff.I mean you will be runnin in your state most of the time so do u think those guy are gonna be crooked to you every weekend or you can go out of state where they might see you once that year all Im say is when points get tight and your not a local some crooked stuff will happen.
Posted by: Willow Creek Kennel

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 06:10 PM

The more localized you make the HOY the more localized the dogs will become and this will not help the dogs or us as a format at all.

It's bad enough as it is now.

Changing the HOY and keeping people from traveling and it will only get worse.

Go to the US or EMC and see the differnet styles of dogs you will judge or run against in 2 different rounds is mind blowing.

You see some dogs in the hunt results winning all the local hunts then you get to judge them or run against them at the US or EMC and you wonder how they ever won a hunt at all or ever stayed on the ground or who would feed such a sorry dog let alone pack it around to a hunt, but it takes all kinds.

What we need in this format is to not worry how to make the HOY easier for Joe Blow but to have some sort of judging seminars for all our judges to attend and get on the same page that way our format (which I belive is the best out there) can grow and then attendance will begin to increase.

We need to get more judges ,but we can't just give somebody a judges lic. just because they can pass a paper test. Just so we can hurry up and get a hunt finished.

We need as a format to improve our judges and then our dogs will also improve and attendance will also increase if people know there going to get a fair shake by a knowlegable judge.
Not some idiot that just bought some dogs and passed a paper test.Or is just judging to help his buddy's dog win a cast and get some more HOY points or help him make a champion out of some pot licker that way he can sell some pups.

So what Im sayin is we have more to worry about than making the HOY easier.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 07:21 PM

We do need to improve our judges and get more of them and i think we should have a min of two judges per cast it would help with all the bull.I for one miss a lot and could use some help i do the best i can to give every one a fair shake but i know i miss a lot and so dose a lot of judges. i just think two would help.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 08:23 PM

I would rather be judged by a fair, hound smart judge who only sees half of the race than a judge who runs on top of the hounds and don't know what he is lookin at or is crooked.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 08:47 PM

Would rather be judged by someone that trys and dont know that much rather than someone that knows alot a just walks behind and dont even try to keep up with the race.I still think two would help

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/16/12 11:20 PM

I have seen more crooked judging by two then one.And a judge that knows nothing about what he is looking at is just as bad.To the HOY thing just open up a points club seen that happen to.Alot has to be said about hound sense. some people have it and some don't.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 12:14 AM

You have to have two honest judges.You will never stop the crooked ones or the ones that think they got cheated becouse they think there hound is better than it is thats just the way it is.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 12:50 AM

It doesn't matter if you have 5 guys judging one cast if they don't know what there looking at you might as well toss a coin and save yourself some time.
Posted by: toby dooly

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:07 AM

I think all of ya'll are bringing good points to the table. All I can say is this when I judge anyones hounds they are going to get a fair shake not the man that owns the hound but the hound itself the way I see it is I am not making a living doing this and it is not easy on a mans body to run through the thinkits and cutovers. I do like to have 2 judges per cast but most times barely enough to have 1. I ALWAYS TELL THE GUYS THAT RIDE WITH ME JUST BECAUSE YOU RIDE WITH ME DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL WIN SO IF YOU GET MAD AT ME ITS GONNA BE ALONG RIDE HOME LOL JUST SAYING

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:11 AM

How do you know that they don't know what they are looking at?If you have run hounds for any time at all and studied the rules you should know something of what your looking at right?

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: toby dooly
I think all of ya'll are bringing good points to the table. All I can say is this when I judge anyones hounds they are going to get a fair shake not the man that owns the hound but the hound itself the way I see it is I am not making a living doing this and it is not easy on a mans body to run through the thinkits and cutovers. I do like to have 2 judges per cast but most times barely enough to have 1. I ALWAYS TELL THE GUYS THAT RIDE WITH ME JUST BECAUSE YOU RIDE WITH ME DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL WIN SO IF YOU GET MAD AT ME ITS GONNA BE ALONG RIDE HOME LOL JUST SAYING
I agree with that same here

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:22 AM

I'm not talking about who's honest or who's crooked.

I'm saying we need to all be on the same page as far as judges go, and to make sure when were giving someone a judges lic. they are deserving of it.

Judges are the backbone of this format. So lets make sure they are some of the best.

We all make mistakes when judging.The good judges learn from there mistake and try to make sure they don't let it happen again.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:25 AM

Even if you have two judges in a cast they are not going to get it all.And somebody is going back to the club house and telling all of his buddies that he got it broke off in him.And I have judge alot of hounds in my time and have to say only 10% have been any count.But we all think we are in that 10%.HOUND SENSE.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By: porkchop
How do you know that they don't know what they are looking at?If you have run hounds for any time at all and studied the rules you should know something of what your looking at right?

How do you know they do????????????

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:51 AM

You think they know what there lookin at because they passed the test?? Or maybe because there your buddy. Or because they brought you back a winner!!! Yeah , they've gotta know what there doing. \:o \:D \:D

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Willow Creek Kennel

How do you know they do????????????

I dont i would have to judge with them to see what thay do or dont know.And i know what i have and how my hounds run just as im sure you do.And i dont have any buddys that judge.So how do you know becouse your hounds dont come back?We all do need to be on the same page to try to make it better i agree with that

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:25 PM

that will never happen as long as little pack clubs have pp hunts and run the same dogs. If everyone reads the rules and judges based on the rules for each division pp or lp then the dogs can compete against each others with out getting blown away.
Posted by: jandrews

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 01:50 PM

I agree with this.Everyone has made some good points here and it seems that everyone agree's on one thing,change.I personally enjoy going and watching the run-off every year and seeing the outcome.We do need to have more judges seminars,that is a must,we had one in georgia last year but everyone couldn't attend.Maybe this can be done at the U.S. this year.I think everyone here has made a good point!We need to meet in the middle somehow.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 03:38 PM

good point john. I agree with you on more seminars. I think it would be a good thing to get a refresher every year you judge. that would help out alot.I would be willing to go to a class once a yr. on judging to keep my my judging card in check.
Posted by: Dizzy D

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 05:04 PM

only the top 2 dogs in each regional should move on toward the hound of the year. as for the judging goes. u will never get out of the cheating stage, it comes with every sport. and dont think a class will help because people will still do what they want.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 06:37 PM

One thing to keep in mind is we all have lives apart from field trials and beagles,or i hope we all do lol.That being said, sometimes you can be at hunts, sometimes you can't.If we change our hoy system,then who is gonna show up at your clubs hunts when you,me and joe blow can't be there.Right now its these out of state hoy guys that are keeping us with enough dogs to have a hunt when we are not there.As far as the cheating goes,if the older experienced houndsman are not stepping up and correcting or pointing out the cheating,than they are part of the problem too!Seminars may not fix it but they can't hurt it!
Posted by: Z Tree

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 09:07 PM

My only complaint is that some judges don't know what a minus is. Most judges are very fair and very honest. However, I know that if I get one of these judges, my dog isn't going to do well because the dogs that cut and pop-off and skirt are gunna win. Just saying, I would love to see a seminar so everyone could get on the same page.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 09:18 PM

The judge thing is never going change if the clubs keep letting the crooked ones judge.And as far as the HOY thing is it because they bring the hounds to the hunts and then you cant win with the hounds you bring?Or is it that you don't have the hounds that have what it takes to compete at that level?A.K.A time and expenses.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 09:55 PM

Don't know if you are asking me that question or not,as you replied to my post?As far as i go,i have never attempted to run for hoy,as far as being competitive at hunts,i'm just there to have fun,if i win good,if i don't congrats to the guy who does.If you were asking jeremy,the guy who created the thread,he did make it to the run-off last year and had as good of a chance as anyone else of winning but his hound died right before the u.s. 2011 run off.
Posted by: Dizzy D

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 10:24 PM

ur right there are alot of judges not giving minus where they should but thats how it goes. but like earl said it will never change.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/17/12 11:16 PM

What Im sayin is we all need to know what a check,jump,stike and minuses are not what we think they are.

You will never keep the crooks away but we need to all be scoring or minusing the same thing.

I think we should only add new judges once a year at the US and they should be voted on after taking a test & seminar and helping assist at there home club for the year prior to the US.

Some people will say if you do it like this we will not have any judges at our club.

Well if you don't then close down ,because your not helping out our dogs or fomat by letting somebody who is a idiot judge so if your club closes were not losing much any way.

The harder a judges lic. is to obtain the better the judges you will have

One year I went to the US I got a judge who just started judging.I personally don't agree with this the US or EMC is our super bowl so only the best should be judging that way the best dog by the rules has a better chance of winning.

I never judged at the big hunt for the first 4 years I started judging , because I belived the handlers and the dogs deserved someone who had been judging longer than I have or better than me.

People wait all year and some spend alot of money to get there so they should be judged by the best in my opinion.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 12:04 AM

Right on!

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 12:29 AM

So if you can't aford to go to the US you can't judge?Bull_ _ _ _

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 12:48 AM

Jandrews it was not to you or jeremy.It is to any one that wants to change Stuff so they can act like they know something about a hound or have a good hound.I think there is alot more stuff we need to fix before we think about the HOY.We need to get more kids into this. But who wants to see a kid get it broke off in him because a judge has no HOUND SENSE or is CROOKED.I will tell you I don't and I won't let it happen at a hunt that I'm at.This sport that we love will not make it with out the kids to keep it going after we all dead and gone.I hope I did not offend the honest one.But the other ones you know where you can go.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 12:54 AM

He said they should be voted on at the U.S. i'm sure exceptions can be made for those who cannot be there.Besides that i just agree with what he is saying about getting us all on the same page,he is right about that.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 01:04 AM

Earl i don't claim to be the guy with all the hound sense or one that knows everything about this sport.I am only wanting what we all want and that is to make it better.I have agreed with some things said here,some i don't,but we all have to come together as an organization or it will never get any better.I try to be positive because there is way to much negative that in my opinion hurts this sport.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 01:13 AM

I agree we need to come together as an organization.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 01:26 AM

Man were just throwin around some ideas to try and make the sport better and get some OPINIONS on how WE can go about doing that.And as for some one thinkin they know something about a dog i think most of the folks that have posted have a pretty good idea or hound sense

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 01:38 AM

I hope we can before it is to late.But we as houndsmen need to say something when we see a judge that is with out a doubt braking the rules.But at the same time we need to know what we are seeing in the field.And remember that the judge is seeing more then we are at that time. A good judge will not get it all but 9 times out of 10 he will bring the right hound back.Sometimes $#!% happens.And we just have to live with it.
Posted by: toby dooly

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 02:41 AM

Well I disagree on only being able to get your license at the US because I have never been there myself, but have no problem giving a class of some kind to teach and make sure everyone understands what the rules are and what we exspect from a judge. I have the only PP club in LA so right now I AM BUILDING A CLUB and I am very careful who I ask to judge or who I push to get thier license I am trying to build the best club and the most honest club that I can. On the hound sense thing I beleave you must first be a rabbit hunter to understand what a hound is doing and why he is doing it. I am a rabbit hunter first and trial for fun we should all strive to breed and raise rabbit dogs then look to see what format they should fit don't try to put dogs in a format they do not fit and get mad at others when you don't win. As far as the US goes I THINK WE SHOULD HAND PICK THE JUDGES THAT ARE QUALIFIED OR VOTE DON'T LET A ROOKIE ON HIS FIRST YEAR GET THROWED IN THERE. I do plan to be there this year myself hope to see all you there.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 08:04 PM

So if you can't aford to go to the US you can't judge?Bull_ _ _ _

Never said you have to go to the US to be able to judge. If I did I miss spoke or wrote what ever you want to call it.

I was just thinking the US or EMC was a place with the most attendance so more people could be there and participate in a judging seminar and new judges could be voted on by a panel of people from each state if your state rep. or alternate rep. is not at the voting then your state wouldn't be able to add any new judges that year.

With each state voting in there own rep. and alternate rep. in case the main rep. was unable to attend.

Every state rep. would have to be voted in every year by the clubs in there home state. Not be appointed by only certain people. Must be voted in that way if they started to think winning was better than being fair then they could be voted out it would help to keep some shady stuff down.

We could try a central location in each region once a year if people wern't able to attend the US or EMC.

The whole point is to better us all and our dogs as far as this format goes.

If were all judging the same way there will not be such a difference in the style of dogs run in the different states as there is now.

I hope this is alright with Mr Porkchop if not we can change it all to fit him and his dogs.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/18/12 10:38 PM

You don't have to change anything for my dog's thay can hold there own.you mite want to cange the style of yours to keep up with the times .I mite of miss read your post.i would be willing to try anything to make it better.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 12:24 AM

I like Shannon's plain alot.And if anything about HOY needs change it would have to be the regional HOY.We need to put Kentucky,Ohio,Indiana,Michigan In the same region. I know the Ohio and the michigan guys don't want to see that happen.But Ohio and the michigan guys can stay in there own state and win it.I know this because I did it and only ran my grand in maybe 12 hunts that year.And the only thing about Shannon's plain I don't like is a KY guy came up with it.LOL.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 01:47 AM

You don't have to change anything for my dog's thay can hold there own.you mite want to cange the style of yours to keep up with the times .I mite of miss read your post.i would be willing to try anything to make it better.

That's what we've all been talking about what are the times???

It all depends on what state you live in some states slow dogs some states upper med. speed, some states fast with control then you have some states that have just plain old fast idiots.(LP rejects) \:o \:o

What works in your state Mr Porkchop may not stay on the ground 10 minutes in mine so that's what were sayin about all getting on the same page as far as judging goes.

Im not sayin everybody has to run the same breeding of dog.
Just that everybody scores pluses and minuses as close to the same as possiable.

Mr Porkchop,my dogs like eveyone's if they will admit it could stand to be better. I haven't seen a perfect one yet,but then I haven't seen yours run yet. ;\)

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 02:04 AM

I dont have perfect dogs just good rabbit dogs.I agree we should all give pluse and minuses as close to the same as we can.I think we run close to the same style of dog we may get a chance to see i am going to try to make it to the US.
Posted by: Armond Lombardi

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 04:01 AM

I've enjoyed reading all of these posts. As far as the judges portion goes, it's definitely tougher on a young judge to mark those minuses down than it is to mark down the positive. I think it's mostly due to the fact that they simply don't know what they are for sure more than it is they're scared to mark em. If they were 100% sure of themselves, then they'd mark em with confidence. When I first started this I printed out the rules for progressive pack. It is 37 pages long!! Read it a bunch of times start to finish. Can be a little overwhelming with all of the info! What I did then is printed out seperately the judging part of the packet. It's only a few pages! Then I printed out seperately the 12 ways a hound can get minused. Only 1 page! This way I can grab the "judge" part of the rules and read em the night before a trial without it being a pain. It only takes 10 or 15 minutes to read all the plus and minus points a hound can recieve. Before long, you'll be able to recite it by heart and only need to skim over it as a refresher before a hunt.

Once you've passed the test and read these rules, you've just scratched the surface. Your first few times as a judge, I think you should still go with an experienced judge before you solo. You can learn a lot and the results won't be all on you! When you do make your mistakes, and you will, accept them and learn from them.

When you're running your own hounds on your grounds, you should act like it's a trial and "judge" them. Run behind them and you'll learn a ton about what a minus looks like, when it takes place and where. It'll be a much more relaxed environment than when you're at a trial! Not to mention you'll see what your hound does wrong so you're not blown away if he gets picked up at a hunt. Like Shannon said, I don't think that perfect hound exists! It'll also keep ya in shape so you can actually stay with the pack and see those minuses! Anybody can mark down a non-produce or a leaving the strike, pop-off bark, etc. It's not as easy to see those running violations. Before long, you won't need to look as hard for those minuses...they'll stand out and you'll be able to mark it down with confidence. Forget about what is said afterwards. As a judge, you can't please everybody in the cast and you shouldn't be trying to. I've had plenty of "awkward" drives back to the clubhouse and I know I'll have more! COMES WITH THE TERRITORY

I don't think you should judge at the EMC or US till you've been judging at least a couple years. And if you're constantly getting protested in your own state, you shouldn't judge there at all.

If everybody practices this, even you veteran judges lol, I think we'll all make it a more level playing field. I know I still do and I still have a ton to learn!

Thanks for reading,

-Armond
Posted by: Armond Lombardi

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 04:18 AM

I agree Earl. What about VA and PA? They should throw them in too and just call it the Northeast Region. Would definitely increase turnouts at all of our hunts and make it more of a challenge with more hounds participating!

-Armond

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 12:27 PM

Armond,
You are so right. Just a FYI. I see now a days judges tooking Rule books in the field. This is a great thing. But is for me and i know sevral others we reread the rules weekly to stay fresh on them. It makes a big difference. So the best advice is read the rules offen as you can and skim over them before every trail. I incourge everyone not just judges to read the rules before every field trail

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 01:21 PM

Good post Armond and your right even experienced judges should never stop learning and wanting to learn just like our dogs we are not perfect so lets try to better ourself's as a format and as judges.

I hope you can make it to the US Mr Hollen it is a good time and usally have some great runnin.
Posted by: Z Tree

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/19/12 03:29 PM

Great post Armond, you and Shannon have the right idea. In my opinion anyways.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/20/12 03:37 PM

I would like there to be some kind of Judges Feedback form. Especially at the US, or EMC. On this form would be a way for someone that might be in the gallery to fill in things they liked or thought the judge might be able to improve.

I know this would probably turn into a gripe session sometimes, but if judges received some feedback on how they judge instead of people gathering in the corner and complaining about it, some judges might get better.

Even better.......... if you had everyone in the cast rate their judge on a scale of one to ten, you could give an award away to the highest scoring judge at the trial. Here are you guys some categories.

Hustle (did the judge keep up): 1-10

How smooth the cast went(hound sense): 1-10

Rules implementation: 1-10

Comments section:

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/20/12 09:30 PM

I like that Josh

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/21/12 12:45 AM

Josh, I think this rating system your talking about would just turn into a popularity contest or a bash fest either one wouldn't help us better the format in my opinion I could be wrong though.

You know as well as I do some people know it all or are never wrong always right and no matter what people wrote down or suggested they change or improve they would never do it they would just say: "They don't know what there talkin about I've always done it this way and im not gonna change"

This is the way with anything you have some people that just won't change and belive they have no room for improvement,But if we can get the majority to change or want to improve we can be the way I belive we are the best format out there.

So our PPRCH & PPGRCH will be enveyed & respected in the beagling community the way they should be.

I would like to have some system also were when someone got there judges lic. they would be graded by all the other lic. judges that way if people kept getting bad reports from different lic. judges then there lic. would or could be suspended or revoked.This would also keep some shady stuff down.

The only way you could grade a judge is if you were a judge also.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/21/12 02:36 AM

I think we are the best format that is out there.We promote the best hunting beagle.Not PKC,UKC,LP,GD,GDB.That is my opinion.We need to judge by the PP rules not who's hound that is or by what hound we are kenneling this week.We need to start worrying about the future of this format.The hounds by bring back the best ones that day.The judging by being a fair non biased judge.And get the kids into it.But like I said my opinion.

Re: New hound of the yr runoff system - 09/23/12 08:39 PM

Agree 100% judge by the rules and be honest and everything else will fall into place.