January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 8 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10498 - 02/04/08 11:11 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class ***** [Re: Shawn Benefield]
RICK TAYLOR Offline
addict

Loc: TENN
ITS HURT HIM TIME AND TIME AGAIN AND HE WONT LEARN FROM IT.rebel has produced soem good dogs ..need to let the mag do the brag for ya tho rebel. if its in the mags then u did it and everybody seen it.i dont trial much but have success when i go usually but if i go aroung tooting my own horn i become a nussense [i guess that how u spell it lol ] let others brag for u and u can be really proud and let the hounds produce and it will all speak for thereself.

#10499 - 02/04/08 11:18 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Benefield]
Scott Johnson MI Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Mi USA
Paul, I would not reccomend pushing that pup. At your pups age they are completely vulnerable to what ever that pack decides to do on that given day. This could be a good thing or not. Have you thought about if that cast decides to run off game such as a deer ect.. Your pup probaly will not get much scent on a rabbit in that pack especially this time of year, but on a full blown speed beef chase (Mr. Whitetail) he's gonna love that! Heck he'll probaly even pick up a few checks on that line. All kidding aside Paul, it's just to risky running that pup now. Solo him if he can run a line by himself. Watch for signs of too much independence, if this happens throw a old dog in with him to keep that pack mentality strong. He will need all these skills to perform in P.P. See how that dog looks at 1.5-2 yrs of age as Leo said. That old Kentucky rabbit hunter knows a few things about these trials. Just have patience and keep that dog in the field, you can't go wrong if you do both of those!

#10501 - 02/04/08 11:45 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Benefield]
REBEL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Alabama
Shawn..have you not heard of FST-Track Lil Jessie??she was produced here at my kennel and prior to her accomplishments,Now an FC in PP pack with only a few points being an FC in LP and bench..even at 4 months old this girl was pounding rabbits in the wild and on the ARHA circuit and if she had been campaigned hard would have made FC prior to a year old,she is a 2008 derby by AKC standards and will not be two years old till 7/02/08 and her litter mates are doing just as well.
I do talk about my hounds and my breeding program and my facilities and mighty proud of my accomplishments in all and it has taken me many years,many dollars and lot of disappointments and failures to get things to where i have them today and at 65,near 66 years old,and been in hounds all my life and i still am not where i would like to be and i still feel there is better than what i have in my kennels,guess i am the type never to be satisfied and always doing my best to improve.
Daniel Hill said it well..You ain't bragging if you can prove it..I think FAST_TRAC's Lil Jessie and her litter mates have proven what i have in my kennel and my breeding program and there are others..
Daniel Hill advertised what he was looking for and i responded to that add and told him i had what he was searching for,below will prove if i was right or wrong and if i was bragging or stating facts?? Have a great day.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
========================================================

For those that wish you can view FST_TRAC's Lil Jessie's pedigree on this site http://www.freewebs.com/fsttrackennels/tributetojessie.htm

Tribute to FST TRAC'S LIL JESSIE
This page is a Tribute to my favorite hound and the one i think has showed she is the real deal in my kennel.Her name is FST TRAC'S LIL JESSIE. Jessie has had a hard road to run to make it to a champion. At four months she was trialed at a progressive pack hunt and placed 8th at a pp hunt and i was proud of her so i posted it on the beagle boards, well then a lot of people started bad mouthing her and me saying she was no good or i was buddy judged or i must not have anything in my kennel if a pup can beat them. Well at 5months she placed 10th in Alabama in little pack. Then the people kept on so she went on to get a win in mcminnville Tn little pack hunt at 7months and then a 8th at north Carolina little pack hunt against 50 hounds then she went on to get a 2nd in South Carolina at a little pack hunt all by the time she was 9 months old. Then she took a 2nd at a pp hunt and a 4th the following weekend at another pp hunt then she took a win on 1-26-08 to give her the points and the win she needed to be a pp rabbit champion at 18 months old. What a dog she is. She has proved to me she can take the pressure and do good. She is been trialed 9 times and placed in 8 of the 9 not too bad for a gyp. She has ran in all of these states so far, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, New York, and even in Canada. A lot of people have seen this Lil bluetick run and was impressed by the way she ran, a lot of people told me after seeing her run she was a lot more than i expected to see for sure.And so i am giving her, her own page on my site for she has earned it in my eyes anyway here are some pics i would like to share with everyone of her and me and our travels all over as she competed to prove to the world she was a great hound and not just all talk she done all my talking for me and i have a mantle full of trophies to prove it LOL hope yall enjoy the pics

Edited by REBEL (02/05/08 12:06 AM)

#10507 - 02/05/08 12:22 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: REBEL]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY
Rebel, Are you the same Rebel that got banned from the American Beagler board????

#10508 - 02/05/08 12:28 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
REBEL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Alabama
American Beagler Board??I can't find that board listed,do you have the link??TY

#10510 - 02/05/08 12:53 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: REBEL]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY

#10511 - 02/05/08 12:56 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open cl [Re: REBEL]
Lance Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Northern KY
 Originally Posted By: REBEL
My opinion..it is all in the breeding.My pups start at 2 to 4 months and some have been campaigned in trials at 4 months and done well,others do very well in competition by 6 months on.

I will have to say ol' boy.....your full of $hit!

#10512 - 02/05/08 01:09 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: REBEL]
Shawn Benefield Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
10-4 Rebel well I call it bragging. You call it what you want, I will say this I promise if that dog is all you say it is in little pack. I am a PP judge and if she get judge by the book she WILL NOT say on the ground. LP does to much swinging and Reaching most will not say in the Check area. Yes you can take a dog and run it in both format, but My though is if it excell in one it will not in the other that why we have different formats. Just because she placed in Akc doesn't make her any better. I have a Male that is 1 1/2 old that I breed myself that lack just a few points being a champ, he will not see another trial for a while because he is not good enought to be what I call a Champ. I not Knocking your dogs but you act like she is god gift to beagle. We all get that special dog sometime or another good for you that you breed and got what you were look for. I just noticed that all of a sudden you go from LP board to PP board and you start bragging I don't belive in bragging. Their are some big names in PP that never get on here and say the thing you said. I wish you could bring her to the US and we all could she how good she is. Other peolpe will brag if the dogs are good all you have to do then is seat back and smile. That how I think the great dog get their reconition.

#10513 - 02/05/08 01:12 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Benefield]
Shawn Benefield Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Arkansas
Can anyone tell me how may people starts dogs a 2 months old. I'm sure other people do I just would like to see how may. Most people that I take my dogs to to start them tell me to wait til at LEASE 5 Month old.

#10515 - 02/05/08 01:17 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Benefield]
Scott Johnson MI Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Mi USA
Can we please remember the original post is what sounds like a new or un-experienced houndsmen who may potentially run in the trials. Lets exhibit our good sportsmanship and set a good example.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters
leo simmons 1181
Josh Jones 1004
K Daniels 972
beagleman01 944
Danny King 943
Newest Members
Hobie, Zach Kimbrell, crocketsville, Highland Beagles, Swamp&Briar
1848 Registered Users
Forum Stats