January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10595 - 02/07/08 02:58 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class ***** [Re: REBEL]
Shawn Ohlinger Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: REBEL
Shawn..have you not heard of FST-Track Lil Jessie??she was produced here at my kennel and prior to her accomplishments,Now an FC in PP pack with only a few points being an FC in LP and bench..even at 4 months old this girl was pounding rabbits in the wild and on the ARHA circuit and if she had been campaigned hard would have made FC prior to a year old,she is a 2008 derby by AKC standards and will not be two years old till 7/02/08 and her litter mates are doing just as well.

ohh boii Rebel forgive me for chimeing in but once again i just can't help but waste my time replying to yet another one of you're silly posts. It's really a shame that people who buy a dog from have to deal with you, and you're antics of takeing credit for what is "their" dog no longer you're dog. The way i see any dog that leaves you're place is better off considering you've run dogs into heat strokes on average 2 pups survive out of you're litters and you're highly self acclaimed facilities are just a compromise for you're lack of personal care you give to you're dogs. Do they even get fed real dog food on a regular basis ? You are CONSTANTLY takeing the spotlight for Jessie's sucess when you have had nothing to do with this pup since 6 weeks of age. Aside from Jessie what other dogs out of you're entire kennel have accomplished anything ???? How many of her littermates have shared even close to the same sucess as Jessie ? NONE. Who on earth would ever buy a dog from you with you takeing all the credit for the dogs that you no longer own. It would be in you're best interest to give those dogs to Daniel to let him raise them the way they need to be raised to be successful in field trials. Because you obviously are not capable of doing so ? With all you're time and experience in beagles what have you accomplished ? I only know of 1 single dog that has championed out that has had anything to do with you and that would be Jessie. You have pretty much bragged on this dog soo much now it will be hard for her to accomplish anything with the self proclaimed status you have put her in. Everyone will know the dog now and chances are people will gun for her. I personaly don't know how Daniel can keep his piece of mind out these speeches you type out. You have thrown his name out and given him unwanted attention. Makeing him look bad with yourself. I would hate to be in his position. I'm not speaking for anyone but myself on this post but you've definitley given him a repuation of being involved with you which propably does not reflect well on him. Daniel is a stand up guy and a very good guy to have you're side but you've definitely taken advantage of that. He has some dogs in his kennel that are every bit as tough as jessie or have the potential of being even better in my opinion. That have nothing to do with you're "breeding program" if there any such programing behind it. In you're 30+ years of beagleing you have produced 1 arha progressive pack champion with 15 points from lp champion and a bench champion. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh wait someone else raised and trained that dog for you. congratulations Daniel instead. Yes my dogs where present at the pp trial jessie championed out at and yes she beat 2 of my 7 dogs. Proveing to me she is a nice dog. So don't try to take it there bud I was just happy my lap dogs stayed down the whole hour in a progressive pack trial. Seeing how that was there first one. Heck i even placed a dog in some magic way of luck. Maybe in another 30 years you can have 2 dogs make champion from you're club. I can think of guys who have spent alot less time in beagles that have a much more impressive track record of champion dogs, and many people win BIG hunts every year. In fact somebody wins every big hunt every year. boy i hate to see what happens if Daniel won a big hunt with Jessie Jeez you'd prbly be chargeing them to breed to Daniels dog or even trying to take a double fee for a pup once they buy it from Daniel you'd prbly want them to buy it off you as well. boy i hope not but the way you talk that is just my impression. Have a good day Rebel. A.r.h.a should thank you i guess b/c it is you're posting that made me decide to join this board and make a post so they gained one more board user thanks to you man you better the world every day in someway don't you ?

#10596 - 02/07/08 03:21 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Ohlinger]
Shawn Ohlinger Offline
stranger

Just to clear a few things up for you all knowing Harrel/Rebel/yankee/ty/God only knows how many names you have used. FC's are ONLY produced in A.K.C. the 2nd P in PP already stand for pack so there is no need to put pp pack. As PP stands for Progressive Pack. So you are calling FC's A.R.H.A Progressive Pack Pack Field Champions when they are really Progressive Pack Rabbit Champions. Maybe you can take that to you vast knowledge of A.R.H.A at you're top notch A.R.H.A club. I'd hate to see you make an FC at a Little Pack Rabbit event.

#10597 - 02/07/08 03:27 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Ohlinger]
BrewerMoMo Offline

Loc: St.Louis Missouri
Rebel Wrote'' Shawn..have you not heard of FST-Track Lil Jessie??she was produced here at my kennel and prior to her accomplishments,Now an FC in PP pack with only a few points being an FC in LP and bench..''
I have only heard of this dog from Daniel.Must have great potential to do what it has done at such a young age, but if a dog that age is all you got to brag about..(no offense) I think you should wait and see what it is when it reaches it's prime. I doubt as many people as you seem to think have ever heard of Jessie. Daniel and his father spent alot of time and money looking for the right dogs and Daniel seems to think highley of the pup he got from you (Jessie), so im sure its a great pup!

#10615 - 02/07/08 05:33 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: BrewerMoMo]
REBEL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Alabama
oh boii Rebel forgive me for chimeing in but once again i just can't help but waste my time replying to yet another one of you're silly posts. It's really a shame that people who buy a dog from have to deal with you, and you're antics of taking credit for what is "their" dog no longer you're dog. The way i see any dog that leaves you're place is better off considering you've run dogs into heat strokes(never had a pup or hound over come by heat strokes,you have never been to my facilities,so have no knowledge of my facilities but the ARHA representatives have felt they were extra nice and they are also State of Alabama approved)on average 2 pups survive out of you're litters and you're highly self acclaimed facilities are just a compromise for you're lack of personal care you give to you're dogs.(Still not sure where you are obtaining your information but you have been very much misinformed,i think it may pay you to visit my facilities or check with AKC on how many litters i have registered and how many live past a certain age)Do they even get fed real dog food on a regular basis ?(Maybe you should ask Daniel Hill about their diet,he feed the same diet as i cause i supplied him the same food as my hounds eat) You are CONSTANTLY taking the spotlight for Jessie's success when you have had nothing to do with this pup since 6 weeks of age.(Wrong again she was stared and ran for Daniel Hill when he came here to buy her) Aside from Jessie what other dogs out of you're entire kennel have accomplished anything ????(Blue Blaze has a win in PP and if not badly mistaken Jessie came in second that day at the trial) How many of her littermates have shared even close to the same success as Jessie ?(Blaze and Nemo and Blaze according to Daniel Hill AKA FST_TRAC is the best hound out of the litter and Nemo is just as good as either one and by the way four was born in that litter and four live to past a year old and Bonnie die app 6 month ago) NONE.(ALL!!) Who on earth would ever buy a dog from you with you taking all the credit for the dogs that you no longer own. It would be in you're best interest to give those dogs to Daniel to let him raise them the way they need to be raised to be successful in field trials. Because you obviously are not capable of doing so ? With all you're time and experience in beagles what have you accomplished ? I only know of 1 single dog that has championed out that has had anything to do with you and that would be Jessie.(Without myself and Chris Spall Jessie nor any other of the same cross would exist today and without me responding to an add Daniel Hill placed looking for a hound,Daniel Hill would not have Jessie today) You have pretty much bragged on this dog too much now it will be hard for her to accomplish anything with the self proclaimed status you have put her in. Everyone will know the dog now and chances are people will gun for her.(She has been gunned for from day one,she will make,i promise you that,she has the breeding and in that breeding the heart) I personally don't know how Daniel can keep his piece of mind out these speeches you type out. You have thrown his name out and given him unwanted attention. Making him look bad with yourself.(i have keep Daniel informed of what i type,we do talk and quite often and from what you have to say obviously you and he does not?) I would hate to be in his position. I'm not speaking for anyone but myself on this post but you've definitely given him a reputation of being involved with you which probably does not reflect well on him. Daniel is a stand up guy and a very good guy to have you're side but you've definitely taken advantage of that. He has some dogs in his kennel that are every bit as tough as Jessie or have the potential of being even better in my opinion. That have nothing to do with you're "breeding program" if there any such programing behind it.(Daniel has Jessie and one litter that traces back to my hounds) In you're 30+ years of beagling you have produced 1 arha progressive pack champion with 15 points from lp champion and a bench champion. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh wait someone else raised and trained that dog for you.(Jessie was well started and only need tracks when she left my kennel and i have a video to prove it,you info is way off base) congratulations Daniel instead. Yes my dogs where present at the pp trial Jessie championed out at and yes she beat 2 of my 7 dogs. Proving to me she is a nice dog. So don't try to take it there bud I was just happy my lap dogs stayed down the whole hour in a progressive pack trial. Seeing how that was there first one. Heck i even placed a dog in some magic way of luck. Maybe in another 30 years you can have 2 dogs make champion from you're club. I can think of guys who have spent a lot less time in beagles that have a much more impressive track record of champion dogs, and many people win BIG hunts every year. In fact somebody wins every big hunt every year. boy i hate to see what happens if Daniel won a big hunt with Jessie Jeez you'd probably be charging them to breed to Daniels dog or even trying to take a double fee for a pup once they buy it from Daniel you'd probably want them to buy it off you as well. boy i hope not but the way you talk that is just my impression.(LOL Shawn,i think you need to talk to Daniel and get you notes and composition corrected.Daniel had stated to me my hounds are what he wants to base his hounds and kennel after,if i am wrong he is the one that said it,my advice to you is prior to make such a post and statements you get your facts straight and not attempt to discredit ayone,i have not bashed anyone nor hound nor bloodline,yet as a newbie you want to come on a board and discredit me,may i say,you only discredit your self,by not having facts) Have a good day Rebel. A.r.h.a should thank you i guess b/c it is you're posting that made me decide to join this board and make a post so they gained one more board user thanks to you man you better the world every day in someway don't you? (you got that right,some where some place,a young boy or girl has finished high school,on their way to college and their families are proud of them cause they no long are on drugs or alcohol cause they had the strength inside them to pull out, and in some small way,FRIENDS FOR LIFE,INC,just may have been there for them when no one else was to show them we cared enough to help.I am Founder and President of FRIENDS FOR LIFE,INC and my wife and many volunteers are proud we can help in times of need and each time i pass one of these children,at the mall or on the street,i smile,we stop and talk and i think God i still have my health and mind to continue to help others.I am proud to be part of the sport of beagling,but my real satisfication,is seeing a young adult/teenager,mature into a responsible adult that can contribute to society with the knowledge and want to,to help others that fall to addiction of drugs and alcohol,one child no longer addicted to drugs or alcohol is worth all the effort i will ever contribute to anything in life i shall ever do or accomplish.Thank GOD!!
PS..Shawn Ohlinger,nothing prior to this post has not been directed towards you,my responses in the name of Shawn was directed to Shawn Benefield,but it would seem you took it to be you and by the way..Harrell Whitener is my name "REBEL" is my handle and TY means thank you,never used as a handle nor name..LOL..TY and have a great day...

Edited by REBEL (02/07/08 07:26 PM)

#10616 - 02/07/08 06:06 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: REBEL]
REBEL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Alabama
To me a beagle that has earned the title of Champion in the field chasing rabbits is an FC and i use it in two distinct ways,one to note a First Class Rabbit Hound and another to note a Field Champion and to me a beagle that has Championed out in any field type trial in any association or organization should be a FIRST CLASS RABBIT HOUND and that is the main reason i organized an ARHA Club and not an AKC Club..TY

#10621 - 02/07/08 11:06 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: REBEL]
Paul Thurmond Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Man I wish I could retract a post. I just asked a simple question and it was turned into this! Is there anyway I can STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!! Rebel I wish we could all get together and hash this out, but I have a feeling it would end up in a shouting match.

One of two things are certain. Either what Rebel says is the truth or he is a habitual liar. If its the the latter there is nothing you can do about it unless you have cold hard facts because they will just keep spinning the story in their favor. I hope this is no the case. So unless you have cold hard facts let this thread die and do your arguing in a PM.

Paul Thurmond

#10622 - 02/07/08 11:59 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Paul Thurmond]
Lance Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Northern KY
Looking at Jesse's pedigree..her bottom side is heavily Jiggs bred. No doubt she could be a real good dog with that breeding.

My question is Harrell...in 30+ years of breeding your own bloodline...have you ever produced any other hounds that have done well in competition?

Just wondering......

Lance McCarthy

#10628 - 02/08/08 02:05 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Shawn Benefield]
Josh Jones Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: AR
Paul I still don't think I would trial a dog until it was a little closer to a year. Trials are about to die down a little. Use the summer to evaluate your dogs. Next September you'll be ready to make a splash. After all I guess it just depends on the dog when to trial them.
Good luck
Josh

#10639 - 02/08/08 11:50 PM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Josh Jones]
Poole Creek Ben Offline

Loc: Laurel, MS
I think there is really an easy answer to all this. If you have a pack of dogs you use for hunting or trialing and you run your pups with and without the pack, you will know when they are ready to "run with the big dogs". If you run your pup with the pack (or at a trial) and he gets left behind, cheats, or runs with his head up, he's not ready. If you keep running him in that setting you can ruin him. I can think of one virtue to taking them early (in moderation) though. I tried to take some of my dad's 5-6 yr olds that had never been trialed. They were good dogs, but all the strange dogs, people, leashing and unleashing just freaked them out. They were used to us opening the box and running for half a day with the same people and the same dogs. When I started trialing, my pups were 8 months old. I took them a little but tried not to overdo it. Just remember, you are trying to develop the dog, and he may not peak 'til he's 3 yrs old. Give him the best chance you can. If you don't have a pack to run him with, enter him in a trial every 2 or 3 months til you think he's ready. I've got an 8-month old puppy that I will probably take to a LP trial in a couple of weeks. I'll probably stake him out and maybe show him on the bench, but I won't enter him in the hunt because I don't want him picking up any LP habits. He probably won't run LP 'til he's at least 2, but I'd enter him in a PP trial now. (LP is my only choice close to home). My 2 cents. Take it or leave it.

#10661 - 02/10/08 02:17 AM Re: When is a dog old enough to run in the open class [Re: Poole Creek Ben]
mad dog kennel Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: northern,Ky
When someones says they will bring back the BEST DOG does that mean they will follow the rules or bring back the best dog. I have judged and brought back the winner from the rules and it was not the best dog. Becareful about bringing the best dog back and not the winner! I say at least 1 yrs old to run in trials and 2 yrs is always better. Matt Aubrey

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters
leo simmons 1181
Josh Jones 1004
K Daniels 972
beagleman01 944
Danny King 943
Newest Members
Hobie, Zach Kimbrell, crocketsville, Highland Beagles, Swamp&Briar
1848 Registered Users
Forum Stats