January
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24023 - 01/21/12 02:45 AM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: jim tucker]
Dizzy D Offline
enthusiast

Loc: oklahoma
so what ur saying is if they r branko bred then they should b put in LP trial right? well iv seen some branko dogs that r alot slower and cleaner than others and thats the same with most of ur bloodlines. there r always goin to b a debate rather or not LP can run with PP until the judges get together and go by the rules than it will always b the same. but ur right its not a state thing its a judge thing. some judges just judge harder than others. i am a judge and u can ask anyone from oklahoma i will pick ur dog up if he dont follow the rules and i dont care who u r or how ur dog is doin on the national level either. iv been trying to get other judges in oklahoma to do the same. judge the dog by his performance that hour not by his past trials or by their owners. i had one say well if we dont hav a lil looser dog then we will never win big hunt because people else where run a dog that i call little progressive not LP or PP a combo of both. but like i said it will always b a big debate.

#24024 - 01/21/12 03:50 AM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: Dizzy D]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I could be wrong but I think BRANKO is big in LP.Just like Tadpole is big in PP.So when you think BRANKO you say LP and Tadpole you say PP.But sometimes you get a hound that runs a little different then the way it is bred.It could be the way he was ran or it could be just the hound.My meathead hound has a hound in his pedigree named BRANKO'S BIG SAM.And Meat is a pp.gr.ch.By the way his name is WILLOW CREEK MEATHEAD.So I don't think Shannon was saying that just because it's a BRANKO hound that it should stay in LP. I could be wrong.If they can do it in PP and LP then just let the hound run and prove it.And if you abbreviate little pack you get LP.And progressive pack you get PP.Now little progressive you still get LP.Just having fun with that one guys.

Edited by EARL LEASURE (01/21/12 04:41 AM)

#24025 - 01/21/12 12:36 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: EARL LEASURE]
dixie kennels Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: ky
Earl you are allways wrong.

#24026 - 01/21/12 03:39 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: dixie kennels]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY
Never said anything about Branko just the breeding is mostly used in Lp.

In my opinion Branko breeding will give you more Lp style dogs than PP style.

Not my bloodline of choice,but run and breed what you want at the end of the day your the one feeding them.

But when you get picked up at a PP hunt don't come on here and say you were picked up for having Lp breeding or because you run Lp.

The hardest part for most people is admitting there dog isn't the best and it does have faults that can get you picked up in PP.

#24041 - 01/23/12 01:07 AM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
wrightcity Offline
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma
When you enter a dog in a progressive pack hunt or a little pack hunt. the end result is that you bring the best dog of the cast back, no matter who own's the dog or what breed that the dog is. If the dog can perform with in the rule that the format calls for.

But I think that Buddy was getting at is that when person comes to a hunt that he is already judge because he run's a different style of dog. this is wrong. End the end we are there to run a dog to see if our dog can run that format be it little pack or progressive pack.

I also have a branko bred dog that is a good progressive pack dog that has made rabbit champion.

Edited by wrightcity (01/23/12 01:08 AM)

#24045 - 01/23/12 03:00 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: jim tucker]
Buddy WAll Offline
journeyman

Mr. Howard, I'm wasn't using any excuses. i have a couple of hounds that run clean and aren't any particular breading just grade hounds that are rabbit dogs.Watching dogs at the south regional, style? I guess i'm not sure what style was on the menu for the day. I felt that us little packers had brought our progressive pack style hounds, if you will, to a little pack hunt. at the end of the day I felt the judges had brought back a true pp hound and the win was well deserved. that was one of the most impressive things i've seen at a pp hunt. the after math of complaining that a little packer and little pack dog had won wasn't quiet as impressive. if a man goes to a pp hunt or any other format and gets picked up because of it, i believe the judge should lose his license and the club there charter if they don't do something about it. we are all looking for the same style of hound us little packers just choose to do from the fast end first.

wright city you are totally right on.

Edited by Buddy WAll (01/23/12 03:00 PM)

#24047 - 01/23/12 03:21 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: Buddy WAll]
Josh Jones Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: AR
Buddy we have a PP trial at the Booneville Club this Sat. Maybe you can make it.

#24050 - 01/23/12 04:02 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: Josh Jones]
james mcdaniel Offline
veteran

Loc: pine bluff ar.
Ok guys im gunna give you a opinion. Lp runs accomplishement over style pp runs style over accomplishment. Don't know if that helps. Oh yeah I do believe. In minuses, but pp judges aren't looking at the positives enough. I give u one example. Watched a pack one time that was running the hair off a rabbit. The judge picks a hound up for getting to wide and skirting. Well needless to say the race stopped completely.then when score card came around the dog that got picked up had ten checks more than the winning hound. My thoughts here are would have the race stopped if he had left that hound down no probably not. It happened to be a lp hound that was picked up. It was one of those days it took that getting out to get it done. Im just saying be patient and observed carefully. Don't be so quick to draw your guns.

#24053 - 01/23/12 05:32 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: james mcdaniel]
Buddy WAll Offline
journeyman

hey josh thanks for the invite, but we have a lp hunt at sooner state this weekend. some other time for sure.

mr. mcdaniel i would agree about the minuses and i also think that we (little packers) have a bit stronger running hound even close and clean brings out the rough in some of the pp hounds. trying to stay up. i've been told more than once you have to have a dog on the bubble if you want to win in pp so when we bring our dogs it roughens the others up some. thats when we usually get picked up for running to much rabbit. i haven't seen that in the rule book

#24054 - 01/23/12 07:05 PM Re: little pack & progressive pack ? [Re: Buddy WAll]
Lance Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Northern KY
-getting too wide too fast in check

-slashing back and forth in check just looking to grab it and go

-charging the front

From what i've seen these are three traits commonly possessed by dogs that are frequently run in LP, mid west, UKC hound an hunter. I don't care how your dog is bred he will get minused real fast for this under my judgement

Edited by Lance (01/23/12 07:15 PM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters
leo simmons 1181
Josh Jones 1004
K Daniels 972
beagleman01 944
Danny King 943
Newest Members
Hobie, Zach Kimbrell, crocketsville, Highland Beagles, Swamp&Briar
1848 Registered Users