February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25762 - 09/16/12 01:53 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
B Toney Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Lagrange Ga
LIKE this idea alot each state would be sending 2 of their best dogs not just a pretty good dog someone wore out a truck spent thousands and hit every field trial there was. Why not level the playing field so not just a handful can do it make it where anyone can and Im sure you would see a better dog and more people showing up at trials.

#25764 - 09/16/12 03:47 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: B Toney]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I really don't think it would be a good thing for the sport.I think it would make the judging alot more crooked then it already is.If you have a good hound and go to the big hunts and do good.And hit some club hunts you could make it to the runoff.There is no reason to hate on the ones that will dedicate a year to there hounds.But that is my opinion.

#25766 - 09/16/12 12:28 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: EARL LEASURE]
B Toney Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Lagrange Ga
Not trying to offend anyone there are some great dogs runnin for hound of the year,but the way the system is now you have to travel alot to stay on top.I figure this will cut down on the crooked stuff.I mean you will be runnin in your state most of the time so do u think those guy are gonna be crooked to you every weekend or you can go out of state where they might see you once that year all Im say is when points get tight and your not a local some crooked stuff will happen.

#25767 - 09/16/12 06:10 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: B Toney]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY
The more localized you make the HOY the more localized the dogs will become and this will not help the dogs or us as a format at all.

It's bad enough as it is now.

Changing the HOY and keeping people from traveling and it will only get worse.

Go to the US or EMC and see the differnet styles of dogs you will judge or run against in 2 different rounds is mind blowing.

You see some dogs in the hunt results winning all the local hunts then you get to judge them or run against them at the US or EMC and you wonder how they ever won a hunt at all or ever stayed on the ground or who would feed such a sorry dog let alone pack it around to a hunt, but it takes all kinds.

What we need in this format is to not worry how to make the HOY easier for Joe Blow but to have some sort of judging seminars for all our judges to attend and get on the same page that way our format (which I belive is the best out there) can grow and then attendance will begin to increase.

We need to get more judges ,but we can't just give somebody a judges lic. just because they can pass a paper test. Just so we can hurry up and get a hunt finished.

We need as a format to improve our judges and then our dogs will also improve and attendance will also increase if people know there going to get a fair shake by a knowlegable judge.
Not some idiot that just bought some dogs and passed a paper test.Or is just judging to help his buddy's dog win a cast and get some more HOY points or help him make a champion out of some pot licker that way he can sell some pups.

So what Im sayin is we have more to worry about than making the HOY easier.

#25768 - 09/16/12 07:21 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Oklahoma
We do need to improve our judges and get more of them and i think we should have a min of two judges per cast it would help with all the bull.I for one miss a lot and could use some help i do the best i can to give every one a fair shake but i know i miss a lot and so dose a lot of judges. i just think two would help.

#25769 - 09/16/12 08:23 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
Carpal Tunnel

I would rather be judged by a fair, hound smart judge who only sees half of the race than a judge who runs on top of the hounds and don't know what he is lookin at or is crooked.

#25770 - 09/16/12 08:47 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Would rather be judged by someone that trys and dont know that much rather than someone that knows alot a just walks behind and dont even try to keep up with the race.I still think two would help

Edited by porkchop (09/16/12 09:39 PM)

#25771 - 09/16/12 11:20 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I have seen more crooked judging by two then one.And a judge that knows nothing about what he is looking at is just as bad.To the HOY thing just open up a points club seen that happen to.Alot has to be said about hound sense. some people have it and some don't.

#25772 - 09/17/12 12:14 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: EARL LEASURE]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

You have to have two honest judges.You will never stop the crooked ones or the ones that think they got cheated becouse they think there hound is better than it is thats just the way it is.

Edited by porkchop (09/17/12 12:54 AM)

#25773 - 09/17/12 12:50 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
Carpal Tunnel

It doesn't matter if you have 5 guys judging one cast if they don't know what there looking at you might as well toss a coin and save yourself some time.

Edited by Willow Creek Kennel (09/17/12 12:51 AM)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters
leo simmons 1181
Josh Jones 1004
K Daniels 972
beagleman01 945
Danny King 943
Newest Members
Hobie, Zach Kimbrell, crocketsville, Highland Beagles, Swamp&Briar
1848 Registered Users
Forum Stats