February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25787 - 09/17/12 03:38 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
jeremy0810 Offline
addict

Loc: covington,ga
good point john. I agree with you on more seminars. I think it would be a good thing to get a refresher every year you judge. that would help out alot.I would be willing to go to a class once a yr. on judging to keep my my judging card in check.

#25789 - 09/17/12 05:04 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
Dizzy D Offline
enthusiast

Loc: oklahoma
only the top 2 dogs in each regional should move on toward the hound of the year. as for the judging goes. u will never get out of the cheating stage, it comes with every sport. and dont think a class will help because people will still do what they want.

#25795 - 09/17/12 06:37 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Dizzy D]
jandrews Offline
enthusiast

Loc: deep south
One thing to keep in mind is we all have lives apart from field trials and beagles,or i hope we all do lol.That being said, sometimes you can be at hunts, sometimes you can't.If we change our hoy system,then who is gonna show up at your clubs hunts when you,me and joe blow can't be there.Right now its these out of state hoy guys that are keeping us with enough dogs to have a hunt when we are not there.As far as the cheating goes,if the older experienced houndsman are not stepping up and correcting or pointing out the cheating,than they are part of the problem too!Seminars may not fix it but they can't hurt it!

#25797 - 09/17/12 09:07 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
Z Tree Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Michigan
My only complaint is that some judges don't know what a minus is. Most judges are very fair and very honest. However, I know that if I get one of these judges, my dog isn't going to do well because the dogs that cut and pop-off and skirt are gunna win. Just saying, I would love to see a seminar so everyone could get on the same page.

#25799 - 09/17/12 09:18 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The judge thing is never going change if the clubs keep letting the crooked ones judge.And as far as the HOY thing is it because they bring the hounds to the hunts and then you cant win with the hounds you bring?Or is it that you don't have the hounds that have what it takes to compete at that level?A.K.A time and expenses.

#25800 - 09/17/12 09:55 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: EARL LEASURE]
jandrews Offline
enthusiast

Don't know if you are asking me that question or not,as you replied to my post?As far as i go,i have never attempted to run for hoy,as far as being competitive at hunts,i'm just there to have fun,if i win good,if i don't congrats to the guy who does.If you were asking jeremy,the guy who created the thread,he did make it to the run-off last year and had as good of a chance as anyone else of winning but his hound died right before the u.s. 2011 run off.

#25802 - 09/17/12 10:24 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
Dizzy D Offline
enthusiast

Loc: oklahoma
ur right there are alot of judges not giving minus where they should but thats how it goes. but like earl said it will never change.

#25805 - 09/17/12 11:16 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Dizzy D]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY
What Im sayin is we all need to know what a check,jump,stike and minuses are not what we think they are.

You will never keep the crooks away but we need to all be scoring or minusing the same thing.

I think we should only add new judges once a year at the US and they should be voted on after taking a test & seminar and helping assist at there home club for the year prior to the US.

Some people will say if you do it like this we will not have any judges at our club.

Well if you don't then close down ,because your not helping out our dogs or fomat by letting somebody who is a idiot judge so if your club closes were not losing much any way.

The harder a judges lic. is to obtain the better the judges you will have

One year I went to the US I got a judge who just started judging.I personally don't agree with this the US or EMC is our super bowl so only the best should be judging that way the best dog by the rules has a better chance of winning.

I never judged at the big hunt for the first 4 years I started judging , because I belived the handlers and the dogs deserved someone who had been judging longer than I have or better than me.

People wait all year and some spend alot of money to get there so they should be judged by the best in my opinion.

Edited by Willow Creek Kennel (09/17/12 11:29 PM)

#25808 - 09/18/12 12:04 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
jandrews Offline
enthusiast

Right on!

#25809 - 09/18/12 12:29 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Oklahoma
So if you can't aford to go to the US you can't judge?Bull_ _ _ _

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters