February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Who's Online
0 registered (), 4 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25774 - 09/17/12 01:07 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
toby dooly Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Minden LA
I think all of ya'll are bringing good points to the table. All I can say is this when I judge anyones hounds they are going to get a fair shake not the man that owns the hound but the hound itself the way I see it is I am not making a living doing this and it is not easy on a mans body to run through the thinkits and cutovers. I do like to have 2 judges per cast but most times barely enough to have 1. I ALWAYS TELL THE GUYS THAT RIDE WITH ME JUST BECAUSE YOU RIDE WITH ME DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL WIN SO IF YOU GET MAD AT ME ITS GONNA BE ALONG RIDE HOME LOL JUST SAYING

#25775 - 09/17/12 01:11 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Oklahoma
How do you know that they don't know what they are looking at?If you have run hounds for any time at all and studied the rules you should know something of what your looking at right?

#25776 - 09/17/12 01:14 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: toby dooly]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: toby dooly
I think all of ya'll are bringing good points to the table. All I can say is this when I judge anyones hounds they are going to get a fair shake not the man that owns the hound but the hound itself the way I see it is I am not making a living doing this and it is not easy on a mans body to run through the thinkits and cutovers. I do like to have 2 judges per cast but most times barely enough to have 1. I ALWAYS TELL THE GUYS THAT RIDE WITH ME JUST BECAUSE YOU RIDE WITH ME DOESNT MEAN YOU WILL WIN SO IF YOU GET MAD AT ME ITS GONNA BE ALONG RIDE HOME LOL JUST SAYING
I agree with that same here

#25777 - 09/17/12 01:22 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY
I'm not talking about who's honest or who's crooked.

I'm saying we need to all be on the same page as far as judges go, and to make sure when were giving someone a judges lic. they are deserving of it.

Judges are the backbone of this format. So lets make sure they are some of the best.

We all make mistakes when judging.The good judges learn from there mistake and try to make sure they don't let it happen again.

#25779 - 09/17/12 01:25 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Even if you have two judges in a cast they are not going to get it all.And somebody is going back to the club house and telling all of his buddies that he got it broke off in him.And I have judge alot of hounds in my time and have to say only 10% have been any count.But we all think we are in that 10%.HOUND SENSE.

#25780 - 09/17/12 01:45 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: porkchop
How do you know that they don't know what they are looking at?If you have run hounds for any time at all and studied the rules you should know something of what your looking at right?

How do you know they do????????????

#25781 - 09/17/12 01:51 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
Carpal Tunnel

You think they know what there lookin at because they passed the test?? Or maybe because there your buddy. Or because they brought you back a winner!!! Yeah , they've gotta know what there doing. \:o \:D \:D

#25784 - 09/17/12 11:28 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Willow Creek Kennel
 Originally Posted By: porkchop

How do you know they do????????????

I dont i would have to judge with them to see what thay do or dont know.And i know what i have and how my hounds run just as im sure you do.And i dont have any buddys that judge.So how do you know becouse your hounds dont come back?We all do need to be on the same page to try to make it better i agree with that

Edited by porkchop (09/17/12 12:14 PM)

#25785 - 09/17/12 01:25 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
jeremy0810 Offline
addict

Loc: covington,ga
that will never happen as long as little pack clubs have pp hunts and run the same dogs. If everyone reads the rules and judges based on the rules for each division pp or lp then the dogs can compete against each others with out getting blown away.

#25786 - 09/17/12 01:50 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: toby dooly]
jandrews Offline
enthusiast

Loc: deep south
I agree with this.Everyone has made some good points here and it seems that everyone agree's on one thing,change.I personally enjoy going and watching the run-off every year and seeing the outcome.We do need to have more judges seminars,that is a must,we had one in georgia last year but everyone couldn't attend.Maybe this can be done at the U.S. this year.I think everyone here has made a good point!We need to meet in the middle somehow.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters
leo simmons 1181
Josh Jones 1004
K Daniels 972
beagleman01 945
Danny King 943
Newest Members
Hobie, Zach Kimbrell, crocketsville, Highland Beagles, Swamp&Briar
1848 Registered Users
Forum Stats