February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1 Guest and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25811 - 09/18/12 12:48 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Jandrews it was not to you or jeremy.It is to any one that wants to change Stuff so they can act like they know something about a hound or have a good hound.I think there is alot more stuff we need to fix before we think about the HOY.We need to get more kids into this. But who wants to see a kid get it broke off in him because a judge has no HOUND SENSE or is CROOKED.I will tell you I don't and I won't let it happen at a hunt that I'm at.This sport that we love will not make it with out the kids to keep it going after we all dead and gone.I hope I did not offend the honest one.But the other ones you know where you can go.

#25812 - 09/18/12 12:54 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
jandrews Offline
enthusiast

Loc: deep south
He said they should be voted on at the U.S. i'm sure exceptions can be made for those who cannot be there.Besides that i just agree with what he is saying about getting us all on the same page,he is right about that.

#25813 - 09/18/12 01:04 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: EARL LEASURE]
jandrews Offline
enthusiast

Loc: deep south
Earl i don't claim to be the guy with all the hound sense or one that knows everything about this sport.I am only wanting what we all want and that is to make it better.I have agreed with some things said here,some i don't,but we all have to come together as an organization or it will never get any better.I try to be positive because there is way to much negative that in my opinion hurts this sport.

#25814 - 09/18/12 01:13 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Oklahoma
I agree we need to come together as an organization.

#25815 - 09/18/12 01:26 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: jandrews]
B Toney Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Lagrange Ga
Man were just throwin around some ideas to try and make the sport better and get some OPINIONS on how WE can go about doing that.And as for some one thinkin they know something about a dog i think most of the folks that have posted have a pretty good idea or hound sense

#25816 - 09/18/12 01:38 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I hope we can before it is to late.But we as houndsmen need to say something when we see a judge that is with out a doubt braking the rules.But at the same time we need to know what we are seeing in the field.And remember that the judge is seeing more then we are at that time. A good judge will not get it all but 9 times out of 10 he will bring the right hound back.Sometimes $#!% happens.And we just have to live with it.

Edited by EARL LEASURE (09/18/12 01:40 AM)

#25817 - 09/18/12 02:41 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: EARL LEASURE]
toby dooly Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Minden LA
Well I disagree on only being able to get your license at the US because I have never been there myself, but have no problem giving a class of some kind to teach and make sure everyone understands what the rules are and what we exspect from a judge. I have the only PP club in LA so right now I AM BUILDING A CLUB and I am very careful who I ask to judge or who I push to get thier license I am trying to build the best club and the most honest club that I can. On the hound sense thing I beleave you must first be a rabbit hunter to understand what a hound is doing and why he is doing it. I am a rabbit hunter first and trial for fun we should all strive to breed and raise rabbit dogs then look to see what format they should fit don't try to put dogs in a format they do not fit and get mad at others when you don't win. As far as the US goes I THINK WE SHOULD HAND PICK THE JUDGES THAT ARE QUALIFIED OR VOTE DON'T LET A ROOKIE ON HIS FIRST YEAR GET THROWED IN THERE. I do plan to be there this year myself hope to see all you there.

#25821 - 09/18/12 08:04 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
Willow Creek Kennel Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: LAWRENCEBURG , KY
 Originally Posted By: porkchop
So if you can't aford to go to the US you can't judge?Bull_ _ _ _

Never said you have to go to the US to be able to judge. If I did I miss spoke or wrote what ever you want to call it.

I was just thinking the US or EMC was a place with the most attendance so more people could be there and participate in a judging seminar and new judges could be voted on by a panel of people from each state if your state rep. or alternate rep. is not at the voting then your state wouldn't be able to add any new judges that year.

With each state voting in there own rep. and alternate rep. in case the main rep. was unable to attend.

Every state rep. would have to be voted in every year by the clubs in there home state. Not be appointed by only certain people. Must be voted in that way if they started to think winning was better than being fair then they could be voted out it would help to keep some shady stuff down.

We could try a central location in each region once a year if people wern't able to attend the US or EMC.

The whole point is to better us all and our dogs as far as this format goes.

If were all judging the same way there will not be such a difference in the style of dogs run in the different states as there is now.

I hope this is alright with Mr Porkchop if not we can change it all to fit him and his dogs.

#25822 - 09/18/12 10:38 PM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: Willow Creek Kennel]
porkchop Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Oklahoma
You don't have to change anything for my dog's thay can hold there own.you mite want to cange the style of yours to keep up with the times .I mite of miss read your post.i would be willing to try anything to make it better.

#25824 - 09/19/12 12:24 AM Re: New hound of the yr runoff system [Re: porkchop]
EARL LEASURE Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I like Shannon's plain alot.And if anything about HOY needs change it would have to be the regional HOY.We need to put Kentucky,Ohio,Indiana,Michigan In the same region. I know the Ohio and the michigan guys don't want to see that happen.But Ohio and the michigan guys can stay in there own state and win it.I know this because I did it and only ran my grand in maybe 12 hunts that year.And the only thing about Shannon's plain I don't like is a KY guy came up with it.LOL.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  JOYCE, Kim 
Top Posters
leo simmons 1181
Josh Jones 1004
K Daniels 972
beagleman01 945
Danny King 943
Newest Members
Hobie, Zach Kimbrell, crocketsville, Highland Beagles, Swamp&Briar
1848 Registered Users
Forum Stats